Automobile accidents happen every single day. People often find themselves in both minor and serious collisions on our state’s interstates, highways, and roads. Many of these accidents are caused, in some part, by negligence. Distracted driving, drunk driving, speeding, and other acts of negligence cause countless accidents and injuries every year. If you are injured, we are here to help.
What should you do after you make sure you and the other drivers are okay:
- Contact the police and fill out a police report
- Gather the other involved drivers’ information, including insurance information
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident, including damage to your vehicle
- Talk to any eyewitness and obtain their contact information and statements if possible
- Immediately contact your own insurance company and inform them of the accident
- Reach out to a car accident attorney